About

Marriott Hotels is celebrating the nation’s romantic mood for marriage by opening up a search to find wedding poets from across Britain. Poems play a special part in wedding celebrations and Marriott is keen to share the nation’s love of waxing lyrical by creating a collection of poems that reflect the love, romance, happiness and humour associated with the big day. So if you’re perplexed by The Prophet, confused by Cummings, or sick of Shakespeare and think you can match them, there’s no better time to put pen to paper. Enter your love or wedding poem at www.marriottlovepoems.com from 24th February 2011 and keep visiting the blog to read all the poems we receive!

Thursday 10 March 2011

Poetry in motion


We are getting lots and lots of really good poems submitted (quite a few in by post too!), which is going to make it extremely difficult for judges Fiona Sampson and Matt Harvey to pick the winning poems!

Today, we wanted to share the below poem with you.

A small selection of the 'postal poems' we have received!
Remember, you still have a few weeks to write your own poems and submit them at www.marriottlovepoems.com or in writing if you prefer to Marriott Love Poems, Nylon Communications, 1st Floor, 19a Floral Street, London WC2E 9DS - we do love receiving beautiful poems in the post! 

Have a nice day and enjoy today's 'Poem of the day'!

When I Say I Love You by Monica A Winter, Cornwall

When I say I Love You
I really am sincere
Even though I stand here
Grinning from ear to ear.

When I say I Love You
It's absolutely true
Not merely a clever ruse
To have my way with you.

So when I say I Love You
It's important to make it clear
That I really really really am
Absolutely most sincere
That when I say I Love You
I really, really, really
Absolutely, really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment