About

Marriott Hotels is celebrating the nation’s romantic mood for marriage by opening up a search to find wedding poets from across Britain. Poems play a special part in wedding celebrations and Marriott is keen to share the nation’s love of waxing lyrical by creating a collection of poems that reflect the love, romance, happiness and humour associated with the big day. So if you’re perplexed by The Prophet, confused by Cummings, or sick of Shakespeare and think you can match them, there’s no better time to put pen to paper. Enter your love or wedding poem at www.marriottlovepoems.com from 24th February 2011 and keep visiting the blog to read all the poems we receive!

Monday 7 March 2011

More beautiful poems


It looks like spring is finally upon us! What better way to celebrate the sun coming out than to share some lovely poems that have been submitted with you? 

We’ve had some great poems coming in and at this rate, judging all the poems is going prove very difficult for our poet judges Matt Harvey and Fiona Sampson!

Here are just a couple more of our favourite wedding poems… Keep checking to see if your poem has made it here on the blog and if you haven’t yet written one then you better get your skates on and submit your poem at www.marriottlovepoems.com!

Love poem by Pip Hardy, Cambridge

Winter sun
shining

Mother
Breathing
birthing
Smiling
Loving

Baby
crying
Breathing
Smiling
Growing

Child
Walking
Cycling
Laughing
Learning

Young woman
Travelling
Leaving
Loving
Losing

Winter sun
Shining

Bride
Blushing
Smiling
Marrying

Groom
Beaming
Proud
Caring

Mother
Breathing
Watching
Loving


The Busy Bride by Vivienne Roos, London 

'I'm getting married quite soon....
I'm so happy...I'm over the moon!!

There's so much to do, but I am sorted.....I think?
Well...I've made sure that there's plenty to eat and enough to drink

There will be a HUGE buffet with puddings and a pretty pink prawn starter
I've arranged the flowers, written the name tags - even got the garter..

Yes!! It's going to be loads of fun..a veritable feast!
I've bought the buttonholes, booked the band and hired the priest

Got the beers, the champs, and the lemonades
Organised small and thoughtful gifts for my beautiful bridesmaids

I've booked the Marriot Hotel - the honeymoon suite
(also remembered to pack soft flat shoes for my soon to- be-sore- aching feet)

Done the 'something old, something borrowed, something blue'
and tomorrow we're all having our hair and nails done at exactly two

Been over the guest list a thousand times
Have called the best the best man and begged him not to fluff his lines

I've got bags and bags of rose petals and confetti
(and mum keeps saying 'eat something...try my spaghetti!')

Ah... I cannot wait to get to the church and to walk down that aisle
To hold my beloved and to see his gorgeous smile

for him to finally wear my golden wedding ring
and to hear that heavenly choir begin to sing

 oh my dear..I'm in such a tizz
....can someone please pour me a rather large bucks fizz?!...

No comments:

Post a Comment