About

Marriott Hotels is celebrating the nation’s romantic mood for marriage by opening up a search to find wedding poets from across Britain. Poems play a special part in wedding celebrations and Marriott is keen to share the nation’s love of waxing lyrical by creating a collection of poems that reflect the love, romance, happiness and humour associated with the big day. So if you’re perplexed by The Prophet, confused by Cummings, or sick of Shakespeare and think you can match them, there’s no better time to put pen to paper. Enter your love or wedding poem at www.marriottlovepoems.com from 24th February 2011 and keep visiting the blog to read all the poems we receive!

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Poems Galore!


Since we officially opened the Marriott Love Poems search last week, we’ve been inundated with poems entries.  We’ve received some wonderful poems from people all over the nation!   
Have a read of a couple of our favourite poems below and keep logging on to read more of the nation’s love poems.  Don’t forget to submit your own poem at www.marriottlovepoems.com!
 
Devotion - a Haiku by John N Anstie, Sheffield

From the coldest snow
To the warmest sun you go
And I go with you.

From blossom of spring
To golden leaves of autumn
I bathe in your light.

From the beginning
To the ending of the world
I am ever yours.

A Groom's Thoughts  - by Craig Astley, Swansea

Wakey wakey open your eyes,
Today is the best day in both of our lives.
Today we'll be joined in matrimony,
Us together my Princess, you and Me.

Climb out of bed my darling and begin to dress,
I know today your sure to impress,
With a flowing outfit I am longing to see,
Made more perfect with your glowing, natural beauty.

Your hairs been done perfect, your make up too,
Soon we'll be married and my dreams will come true.
At the church I'll be waiting for you to arrive,
To begin the new chapter of the rest of our lives.

There at the church I eagerly wait,
For you to arrive of course fashionably late,
Over the brow the car does appear,
Soon you'll be in my arms with nothing to fear.

The Wedding March begins the room filled with pride,
To see the joining of love between myself and my bride,
As you walk down the aisle the emotion is felt,
And as my eyes fixes upon you my heart does melt.

The ceremony begins and love fills the air,
The love we feel for each other so pure so rare,
With tears in our eyes we say our I do's,
And promise to each other this love we won't lose.

The ceremonies over, the register is signed,
The woman I've married I was lucky to find,
Next to the reception where good times awaits,
To celebrate the love of two perfect soulmates.

At the reception the food begins to arrive,
On each table conversations are alive,
Two families mixing and be-coming one,
New friends and acquaintances now the welcomes are done.

Soon are the speeches from best man and co.,
With smiles and warmth from laughter in flow,
Then with the toasts to us the two,
I gaze and feel my full love for you.

Now the first dance in front of our guests,
Stood close together chest to chest,
The music is flowing my heart begins to pull,
My wife in my arms my life is now full.

The evening begins and the drinks start to flow,
Everyones dancing and enjoying the show,
But times getting on and the room starts to empty,
We thank them for coming and sharing emotions a-plenty.

The evening draws to a close and soon it will end,
But never will our love with me and my best friend,
Our memories of this day will last forever so true,
And remember my wife I will always love you!

Back to you… by Dr. Rob Burton, Plymouth

It's icy on the outside
The fields go flashing by
Dark skeletons of tree branch
Against the darkening sky

White fields of icy sculpture
The grass an icing froth
Sheep huddled against the hayrick
The lakes a solid broth

Ghostly shapes emerging
From the riming mist
Bushes sparkling brightly
Whitely blushing, frosty kissed

Quilted horses blowing steam
Above the icy stream
Trains hot blasting
Through this winter dream

England in the winter
A monochromatic view
From my speeding window
On the train right back to you
Back to your smile
The one that saved my life
Through snow and rain and ice
To the warm arms of my loving wife. 


No comments:

Post a Comment